It’s Stream of Consciousness Sunday! And boy, oh, boy! I am excited!
I think of all the things I really missed about writing on this blog, SOCSunday is probably the one thing I’ve missed the most. I love getting things out there, as they come to me. It’s very liberating.
Today, Jana ran a 15K today! Way to go Jana! I think that’s awesome. However, I do think I’m going to stick with my afternoon walks for now.
It’s a “free write no prompt” day, so here goes nothing! And don’t forget to check out Jana’s Thinking Place and read all of the other really awesome SOCSunday posts!
Now that I’m starting this, I don’t quite know what to say.
Which is a good place to be. It’s when you don’t know what to say, often the best things are said.
Or so I’ve come to think.
It’s when ever I think I don’t have anything to say that I actually find the words that best express my feelings. Even though right now I don’t really know what I’m feeling. Other than full.
I just got done eating lunch. So yeah.
I’ve been pretty content and discontent lately. I feel like I’m finally getting comfortable with myself and who I’ve become and then I find that I’m not happy all over again.
Not that I’m NOT happy. I am. I just have a habit of finding things that put a dent in the happiness.
You know that song, “Somebody I Used to Know?” (Okay, so probably not a lot of people DON’T know that song, it was all over the place.) You know the line “you can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness?”
Well I think that line describes me pretty well. As much as I hate being miserable, I am very good at making myself that way. I don’t like sadness, but I do. Its a strange way to be. But I’ve found out that’s just the way I am sometimes.
Which means I have to work just a little harder to be happy. Which is silly, since you shouldn’t have to work to be happy, should you? But at the same time, I am happy. Even when I let things make me sad, I still am just as capable of being happy.
Times up! Don’t quite know where I was heading with that. But it’s definitely something to think about some more…
- Allison (AKA AlleyBeth) is a gal from Tulsa, Oklahoma who is trying to navigate life while working on her college education. She loves knitting, writing, music, reading, literature, singing, pinterest, coffee, and crayons. She posts about whatever is going on in her life. Welcome to the (mis)adventure.
- Boy or Girl? : So, I am now the proud owner of a BMW. It's my first...
- #SOCSunday: Backyard Games : Well, hey. I'm writing again! I missed this Sunday r...
- Today is Not a Word Day : Yesterday was an awkward word day. Tomorrow isn't lo...
- A Quick Saturday Summary : So, let's summarize this week, yes? The results are ...
- In Which We Discuss Best Friends, Photography Challenges, and Technical Issues… : Okay, before we progress any further with today's post ...