Another Sunday, another Stream of Consciousness Post!
This week, Jana is talking about journeys. So that’s the prompt. You can read Jana’s excellent post here, where you can also link up and read some of the other great posts that people are linking up with.
Time starts now!
Right now the biggest journey that I plan on making in the near future is going downstairs to get a cup of coffee.
I hear it’s cinnamon chocolate coffee, or something wonderful like that.
But ironically, last night I was plotting and scheming a journey.
I was looking up plane tickets and hotels.
Why? You might wonder
well, because I want to go somewhere!
I’ve wanted to go somewhere by myself for awhile. I’ve never gone on vacation, just me, no body else with me. And that’s one of my goals, to go somewhere all by myself.
I am after all a big girl now.
That being said, I don’t know if I’ll manage this year. I still have a ways to go with money before I can afford to do something like that.
Perhaps if I stopped going to school and opted not to buy a car formyself, they maybe I could go farily quickly.
But the way I see it, those are stops on the way. And they are more neccisary for me than going on vacation.
Even if I contanstly tell myself that I need a mental wellness getaway.
Which I do.
But I also need other things.
So Savannah will wait. But I will get there.
As an afterwards, of sorts, I thought of this very familiar and popular Frost poem, The Road Not Taken. Particularly these last three lines:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I think it goes right a long with today’s prompt. Because, sometimes, the best journeys are the ones we didn’t expect. And it’s always best to follow your heart, even if the journey isn’t the one that’s as popular.
- Allison (AKA AlleyBeth) is a gal from Tulsa, Oklahoma who is trying to navigate life while working on her college education. She loves knitting, writing, music, reading, literature, singing, pinterest, coffee, and crayons. She posts about whatever is going on in her life. Welcome to the (mis)adventure.
- Boy or Girl? : So, I am now the proud owner of a BMW. It's my first...
- #SOCSunday: Backyard Games : Well, hey. I'm writing again! I missed this Sunday r...
- Today is Not a Word Day : Yesterday was an awkward word day. Tomorrow isn't lo...
- A Quick Saturday Summary : So, let's summarize this week, yes? The results are ...
- In Which We Discuss Best Friends, Photography Challenges, and Technical Issues… : Okay, before we progress any further with today's post ...